linux-avmb1:AVM c4 card stopped fax receiving unexpected after uptime of 50days

Holger Raschke holger.raschke at presse-data.de
Wed Nov 19 12:05:04 CET 2003

> im running an Faxserver (Suse7.2, c4-Card Firmware 3-11-03).
> the server works very well but today faxreceiving stand still.
> but all 8ports of the c4 are standing on "running and idle".#
> i think that the maschine doesnt realize that the faxreceiving is going
> down.

If you mean the hylafax-output, this is exactly what i get on my
machine. You can't rely on that.

Does "cat /proc/capi/controller" tell you, that all controllers are running?

Sometimes the C4-Firmware (even the 3.11-03 :-( ) terminates unexpected.
You get an "unexpected reset" in /var/log/messages.

--
Holger