linux-avmb1:Problems using 2 ISDN Fritz!Card PCI with SuSE 8.2

Michael Rolf mi.rolf at gmx.net
Wed Jun 9 22:30:08 CEST 2004

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juni 2004 16:41 schrieb Florent Durrey:
> Hallo,
>

> Entschuldigung, Ich werde diese Nachricht auf English schreiben, weil mein
> Deutsch nicht so gut ist
 Sie können entweder auf Deutsch oder English
> antworten. Vielen Dank!
>

> My problem is the following:
>
> I am trying to establish an ISDN connection between 2 computers with SuSE
> 8.2.
>
> I am using ISDN Fritz!Cards PCI.
>
> With 1 ISDN connection (1 card per computer), everything works fines either
> with AVM CAPI2.0 driver or HiSax FritzV2 (both are on the default
> distribution from SuSE 8.2), I just dial the telephone number of the second
> computer form the first one and it has ran  perfectly for many month now.
>
> Now I am trying to go a bit further with 2 ISDN connections (2 cards per
> computer). And suddenly, it doesn’t work anymore! I tried every possible
> combination of the 2 drivers: either only one works at the time or none at
> all.
>
> I looked for explanations of the problem on this mailing list and others
> but I haven’t found a suitable/clear solution.
>
> If anybody has experience in such a problem, please give me a hand!
>
> Note: for reasons independent to this problem, I must remain on SuSE 8.2
> and keep my 2.4.20 kernel. Sorry

In one distribution SuSE forgot to activate multilink in the kernel. I don't
know exactly if it was 8.2, but perhaps you take a look in the configuration
of your kernel. If it was forgotten you have to rebuild your 2.4.20er kernel.

If multilink is active in the kernel:
Have you tried the /etc/ppp/peers/isdn/avm-ml sample?
If yes: What is the output of the pppd and in /var/log/messages?

Regards,
Michael