linux-avmb1:.....help in firmware updating...

Bodo Meissner mei at asdis.de
Wed Sep 22 18:50:02 CEST 2004

Am 2004.09.22 17:55 schrieb(en) Stefania Sella:

> Some users have suggested to me to update the firmware.
> I think to use the command avmcapictrl load c4.bin...
> Could I have more details about this installation?

Hello Stefania,

you should already have a firmware file on your system which is loaded
automatically when your card is initialized.

Details may depend on your Linux distribution. On Debian Linux I have a
file /etc/isdn/capi.conf which shows the name of the firmware file.
You can find the old firmware file, rename it and replace it with the
new version. When you restart all ISDN stuff or reboot the system the
new firmware will be used.

Bodo