linux-avmb1:CAPI: callback not working well

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Sat Jan 8 20:20:03 CET 2005

Can someone confirm that the callback configuration shown in 'man
capiplugin' is not correct? I've some problems with one of my callback
(coso local) configurations, which is pretty unstable. Adapting the
recommended configuration from capiplugin results in errors when
starting pppd (wrong option cli, number missing etc.). Can someone
please post a working configuration!? This is a excerpt from 'man
capiplugin':

EXAMPLE OF WAIT FOR DIAL IN WITH CLI AUTHENTICATION AND CALLBACK
       Wait for incoming calls, accept them according to options msn,
inmsn, cli and protocol, reject incoming calls and call back.

       Start  a pppd for every client.  Assume that the server has ip
number 192.168.0.1 and the clients are to be assigned the ip numbers
starting from 192.168.0.2.  Add these
       three lines to the /etc/inittab file.

              p0:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/pppd call incoming-cli cli 04711
cbnumber 4711 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.2
              p1:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/pppd call incoming-cli cli 04712
cbnumber 4712 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.3
              p2:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/pppd call incoming-cli cli 04713
cbnumber 4713 192.168.0.1:192.168.0.4

       where the /etc/ppp/peers/incoming-cli file is set up to resemble
the following:

              sync
              noauth
              plugin capiplugin.so