linux-avmb1:capiplugin (CAPI: callback not working well)

Ralf Friedl Ralf.Friedl at online.de
Mon Jan 10 12:50:02 CET 2005

Hi

Jan Schubert schrieb:

> But another question: Is it also possible to use the example
> configuration togehter with the demand option, I don't want to use
> inittab for restarting.
> Right now i use a "simple" demand configuration together with coso
> local, but as said before calling back is not working very well with this.

I also use pppd with capiplugin, and it works without problems, including callback, as long as the cards are connected directly to the ISDN NTBA.
It also works with types of PBX but not with others. It may have to do with the configuration of those PBX, but I have no influence on those.

The capiplugin also works well with demand mode, with all options for coso (call, callback, ...).
There is only one problem: after dialmax (default 4) failed attempts to dial, capiplugin will exit the pppd. This is the problem solved by starting pppd from /etc/inittab. Of course you can start pppd from inittab in demand mode.

I also have a question to Carsten Paeth:
Is there a special reason why capiplugin uses mainly the phasechange hook instead of the approach of the atm and pppoe plugins?

Ralf Friedl