linux-avmb1:Re: PPPD: executing script when pppd comes up

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Jan 14 17:20:03 CET 2005

Matthias Urlichs wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Jan Schubert:
>

>>When exactly is ip-up started? AFAIR this is just executed when the line
>>gets connected, not when the pppd starts / the interface comes up, is'nt it?
>>

>Nope. ip-up is run after IP is UP, hence the name, and when packets may
>traverse the link and routes may be attached to it.

On my side /etc/ppp/ip-up is started after the line is connected only,
not when the (IP) interface gets up (by starting pppd). This is
confirmed by ppp.log and simple tests...

Jan