linux-l: Netzkarten

Stefan Janke gonzo at burg.studfb.unibw-muenchen.de
Mo Jul 28 22:24:24 CEST 1997

On %M %N, Thomas Bange <bange at uni-paderborn.de> wrote:
> > so jetzt sind die Netzspezialisten gefragt:
> >
> > In einem Rechner stecken 2 ISA  Netzkarten
> >
> > 1.) 3COM -> 3C509, Addr: 310, IRQ: 7 (BNC ist eingestellt) (P*P ist aus)
> > 2.) 3COM -> 3C509, Addr: 300, IRQ: 10 (BNC ist eingestellt) (P*P ist
> > aus)
> >
> > Linux erkennt richtigerweise nur die erste auf Adresse 300. Welchen
> > parameter
> > (oder auch paracentimeter) brauchst Linux von Lilo beim starten ?
>
> Ich hab´ die Netzkartetreiber immer als Module gebaut. Dann tuts
> folgendes:
>
> /sbin/modprobe ne io=0x240,0x260 irq=9,10
>
> Wobei das ne durch 3c5x9 zu ersetzen waere. Die genaue Zeile fuer LILO
> weiss ich leider nicht, aber das steht meines Wissens im Ethernet HOWTO
> bzw. im Source zum 3c509 Treiber.

Und bei fest eingebundenem Treiber musst du Parameter an den Kernel uebergeben und
zwar mittels:
---> aus BootPrompt-Howto <---
  7.1.  Ethernet Devices (`ether=')

    Different drivers make use of different parameters, but they all at
    least share having an IRQ, an I/O port base value, and a name. In its
    most generic form, it looks something like this:

    ether=irq,iobase[,param_1[,param_2,...param_8]]],name

    The first non-numeric argument is taken as the name.  The param_n
    values (if applicable) usually have different meanings for each
    different card/driver.  Typical param_n values are used to specify
    things like shared memory address, interface selection, DMA channel
    and the like.

    The most common use of this parameter is to force probing for a second
    ethercard, as the default is to only probe for one. This can be
    accomplished with a simple:

    ether=0,0,eth1

    Note that the values of zero for the IRQ and I/O base in the above
    example tell the driver(s) to autoprobe.

    Note that the Ethernet-HowTo has complete and extensive documentation
    on using multiple cards and on the card/driver specific implementation
    of the param_n values where used. Interested readers should refer to
    the section in that document on their particular card for more
    complete information.

Damit duerfte sich das Problem loesen lassen.

ciao stefan