linux-l: Scannen unter Linux

peter.littmann at berlin.snafu.de peter.littmann at berlin.snafu.de
Mi Apr 1 19:21:07 CEST 1998

> Date:          Wed, 01 Apr 1998 15:08:15 +0200
> From:          Matthias Völker <voelqabe at cetus.zrz.TU-Berlin.DE>
> To:            "linux-l at calle.in-berlin.de" <linux-l at calle.in-berlin.de>
> Subject:       linux-l: Scannen unter Linux

> Hallo, wo her bekommt man Scannerteiber für Linux????
> Speziell für Parallelport.
>
> Ich habe einen Plustek OpticPro 4800P
Hallo,
wie es aussieht wird der Plustek bisher noch nicht unterstützt.
Bei der Suche in http://www.dejanews.com nach "Plustek AND linux"
habe ich jedoch unten stehrenden hoffentlich interessanten
Artikel gefunden.

mit freundlichen Gruessen

Peter
http://littmann.firmen-info.de

Subject:      Plustek Driver Development: I have some source!
From:         Adam Rothschild <asr at no-spam.millburn.net>Date:         1997/10/13
Newsgroups:   comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc,comp.periphs.scanners
[Subscribe to comp.os.linux.hardware] [More Headers]
I have received the NT OpticPro 48XX (I believe this covers the 4800 and
4830) driver source from the main Plustek office, and authorization to
use this source to develop a Linux driver for their scanner!
I am therefore seeking volunteers willing to develop such a driver for
the Linux community.  I will coordinate all efforts, and release the
source to those interested...
I am amazed and delighted that I got a positive response from Plustek,
as so many others have failed!  It would be really great to use their
low cost parallel port scanners in Linux, and hopefully this is a step
in the right direction.
Let me know if you are interested (remove the no-spam to determine my
e-mail addr)...Thanks-Adam

Linux Handel Littmann - always cheap Linux-CDs
<http://littmann.firmen-info.de>
<mailto:littmann at littmann.firmen-info.de>