linux-l: ArcServe Agent fuer Linux

P. Creutzburg creutz at dgn-node.dialysis-north.de
Mo Jul 6 20:56:43 CEST 1998

> Hi,
> hat schon mal jemand den ArcServe Agent fuer Linux eingesetzt?
Muss mir mal gleich selber antworten. Das mit dem Support stimmt wohl
nicht ganz. Antwort von Cheyenne:
Zitat:
Hello, ARCserve User

This is a known problem. We currently don't have a fix for this problem.
If you make the root user to have no password you can get a backup of
the system. The actual problem is that we aren't correctly accessing the
shadow password file so it won't authenticate the login. This is going
to be fixed in the next update of the agent , but I don't' have any date
on when. Also this agent is free and therefore unsupported and is
therefore at the bottom of the revisions list.

ARCserve Open Technical Support

Geoff
Zitat ende.
Tja ja, der Kommerz ...