linux-l: Europe-Japan Conference on Linux and Free Software - Make Business in (fwd)

Dr. Bernd Freistedt bf at bcf.in-berlin.de
Fr Mai 14 21:53:12 CEST 1999

zur Kenntnis

Gruessli
Bernd

---Forward of mail from Jean-Paul Smets (jp at smets.com)
Dear Free Software User, Author, Developer, Editor, Expert,

The French Embassy in Japan in going to organize the first "Europe-Japan
Conference on Linux and Free Software". This meeting is intended for
Japan and Europe Linux and free software communities to meet each other,
better know each other, exchange experience and make business. Companies
from Europe as well as free software authors or experts are going to
travel and attend this conference. For more information
    http://www.europe-inside.com/eurojapan/

We would welcome very much your participation. The participation is open
and free. A few EU citizens who live in France and a few french people
may be invited by the French Embassy (airfare and/or local expenses).
For the others, we have found a few sponsors who may participate to your
airfare and/or expenses. We are currently looking for more sponsors to
help small innovative companies to participate to this event.

For more information about getting your travel sponsored, please feel
free to contact me
    jp at smets.com

We advice you to book your ticket VERY QUICKLY. For your information, a
return-ticket to Tokyo from Paris costs less than 600 euros (Voyageur au
Japon - +33-1 42 61 60 83). The best way to find a cheap ticket to Tokyo
is to go to a japanese bookstore in your country and ask for the local
free newspaper of the japanese community (such us France News Digest,
UK News Digest, etc.). The best price are advertised in such newspapers.

For the hotel, we can find a nice room for you in Tokyo for less than
100 euros per night. It is possible to eat in Tokyo for less than
10 euros per lunch or dinner.

If you think we should inform someone else from Europe and/or Japan,
please let us know quickly.

You may forward this mail to any european Free Software user, editor,
developer, association or expert.

Best regards,

Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes
+33-6 62 05 76 14
jp at smets.com
(I will be away in Japan next week to prepare this event)

About me :

I am a member of the French Linux and Free Software Association.
    http://www.aful.org
author of a book on Free Software Business and Economy
    http://www.freepatents.org/liberty
webmaster of a web site in favour of competition and innovation in
the IT industry
    http://www.freepatents.org
I am also a civil servant of the French Ministry of Economy, Finance
and Industry

---End forward