linux-l: Freunde des Kaffees, die Sonne geht auf!!! oder: hat Sun zu viel Geld???

Joachim von Thadden thadden at running-systems.de
Fr Okt 22 21:55:41 CEST 1999

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Sun Microsystems Acquires NetBeans
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 09:15:52 -0400
From: The NetBeans Team <netbeans at netbeans.com>
To: NetBeans User:;

Dear NetBeans User,

You've probably heard that Sun Microsystems has recently acquired
NetBeans.
We are very excited about the acquisition and look forward to continue
provide you with a cutting edge Java IDE.  We have outlined some of the
major changes below, but for full details, please visit the press
release at
http://www.netbeans.com/press/sun-netbeans.html

NetBeans is Now Free
NetBeans current commercial products, NetBeans Developer 2.1 and
DeveloperX2
2.1 are freely available for commercial use.  In addition, Developer 3.0
Entry (BETA) will be will be free when released in Q1 2000 as the
Community
Edition.  If you haven't downloaded the public Beta of Developer 3.0,
please
try it at http://www.netbeans.com/product_dl.html

Technical Support
Our newsgroups and forum will continue to be visited regularly by our
technical support team and developers; we encourage you to look there
first
for answers to your questions, as well as to our FAQs and JVMs pages.
For
more information about technical support options, please visit our
support
pages at http://www.netbeans.com/support.html

Join the Community
If you have ever looked for an opportunity to add custom capabilities to
your IDE, NetBeans' powerful open APIs give you the option to add your
own
plug-in modules.  Peruse the open APIs and check out our Module Wishlist
at
the Early Access Program at http://www.netbeans.com/eap.html

New Mailing List Address
In the future, all mails to our userbase list will be sent from a Sun
Microsystems address.  If you do not wish to receive periodic updates
regarding future development and progress of this IDE, please
unsubscribe as
instructed below.

Thanks again for being a NetBeans user.

Happy coding,
The NetBeans Team

If you no longer wish to receive product updates about NetBeans, please
send
an email to mailto:unsubscribe at netbeans.com