linux-l: (forw) [WOS] (Fwd) Linux wins Prix Ars due to MICROSOFT INTERVENTION

Guenther Thomsen tho at thomsen.isdn.cs.tu-berlin.de
Di Sep 7 10:12:15 CEST 1999

In message <19990906173058.A28424 at hoshi.in-berlin.de>, Frank Ronneburg writes:

> --WIyZ46R2i8wDzkSu
>

> Hi!
>
> Lest das mal aufmerksam. Siemens, Microsoft,
> Oracle und HP haben ein Joint-Venture und
> bauen eine Distribution, war zu erwarten aus
> meiner Sicht.
>
> Anyway: happy hacking!
>
> Frank

Vielleicht war die Erwartungshaltung zu gross:
--8<-- [http://slashdot.org]
Microsoft/Siemens in Joint Linux Venture?
 Posted by Roblimo on Monday September 06, @11:13AM EDT
 from the as-the-rumor-mill-turns dept.
 angelatlarge writes "Very strange news on LinuxToday about .net Jury
claiming that Microsoft/Siemens are in a secret joint venture to create
a Linux distro. Is this real?" The rumor's been floating all over the
place this weekend. So far, we don't have any confirmation from the
purported sources of it all, Prix Arts Electronica in Austria and The
Society for Old and New Media in The Netherlands. Perhaps some Slashdot
readers in Europe can help us out here.

Update 1146 a.m. EDT Okay, it's been confirmed - as a hoax. Over 100
people submitted the story to us. Interesting to watch how something
like this can spread, isn't it?
-->8--

BTW: Oracle & Microsoft? Ich glaube kaum, dass die sich treffen, um etwas
zu schaffen. Hoechstens um sich gegenseitig zu blockieren.

Guenther