linux-l: /var/qmail/control/locals and regex

Robert Sander gurubert at cs.tu-berlin.de
Mi Sep 15 22:22:54 CEST 1999

Hi!

I made a patch to qmail-1.02 to have regular expressions in
.../control/locals. This avoids the need to put every host in the local
domain into that file. I think it is stable, but Your mileage may vary.

I haven't testet it under heavy load, it depends on how fast the regexec
function is. Maybe it could be faster than the old hash-function when
dealing with a large amount of hostnames, but I am not sure.

Now case ignoring extended regular expression are allowed in locals. And
if you prepend a regular expression with "!", it is negated. Order is now
important, the first match counts. Doing it this way you can have a
general regex for your domain and before that a special one excepting
some hostnames.

Please send any comments to me via personal mail.

P.S.: my SYSTYPE is linux-2.2.12-:i386-:-:ppro-:-

Greetings
--
Robert Sander	"Is it Friday yet?"
  @Home http://home.pages.de/~gurubert