linux-l: Mailer gesucht

Robert Sander ml-belug at epigenomics.de
Mi Nov 15 11:18:24 CET 2000

On 14 Nov 2000 21:50:30 +0100,
>Das wird sicher mal ein Mailer, der vielen Leuten Freude bereiten wird.
>Design ist wie OUTLOOK.

<Zitat>
   Even though it has a non-zero version number,
   this is not a "stable" release. You will not be able
   to use it as your real mail client, calendar, or
   contact manager.

Please be aware that Evolution 0.6 depends on a large number of
unreleased and rapidly-changing libraries. Some of these libraries in
turn depend on other unreleased and rapidly-changing libraries.
Building Evolution is hard, and it's going to stay hard until all of the
libraries it depends on stabilize. This is unfortunate, but there's not
much we can do about it. To help you out though, we've snapshotted
the most recently-released versions of the relevant packages and
made them available for download below.
</Zitat>

Hm, meine Ansprüche scheinen also nach dieser Recherche zu hoch zu sein.
Es gibt mutt (und ich werde noch Robins .gnusrc ausprobieren) und
anscheinend war noch niemand motiviert, ein gutes graphisches Mailpro-
gramm zu schreiben.

Grüße
--
Robert Sander
Computer Scientist                                       Epigenomics AG