linux-l: Re: BeLUG: Treffen am 18.04.2001 um 18:00 Uhr

Carsten Wartmann c.wartmann at gmx.net
Fr Apr 6 16:55:22 CEST 2001

frank schubert writes:
 > Quoting Carsten Wartmann (c.wartmann at gmx.net):
 > > frank schubert writes:
 > >
 > > DivX von dem man eine Idee der Geschwindigkeit bekommt:
 > >
 > > http://www.blender.nl/content_base/168/2330/file/iPAQ_demo[DivX].avi
 >
 > Der Film sieht klasse aus, machst du mir noch nen kleinen Text dazu?
 >
 > (Denn was nützt es, wenn ich den Morgen endlos durchlaufen lasse, und
 > andere auch hinter her gar nicht wissen, was sie tatsächlich gesehen
 > haben ;-)

Sie sehen aber natürlich Blender auf WINDOWS. Das ist Dir aber klar?

Ich kann Dir leider keinen Text schreiben, vielleicht reichen ja die
engl. Texte dazu:

Blender runs on iPAQ :: Ton

One of the biggest suprises at the GDC was the demonstration
of Blender running on a Win CE PDA (personal digital assistant).
Prepared as a demonstration of the portability of the Blender
code, the full creation suite was shown running on the 200 Mhz,
32 Mb iPAQ system.

With a textured game demo playback of 3-4 frames per second,
without CPU optimization, it was another confirmation of the
power of NaN technology to shape next generation digital media.
Mobile and PDA 3D gaming is arriving!

In fact, one of the biggest talking points of the show had to be the
revelation that the full Blender creation suite had been ported to
Compaq's iPaq PDA. You can bet that we all had great fun trying out
Blender on these neat devices. This went down a storm with all who saw
this proof of concept and you can read more about the iPaq port in
Ton's report in this week's