[linux-l] NFS file locking: es geht einfach nicht...

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Fr Apr 2 15:00:27 CEST 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 02:42:11PM +0200, Steffen Dettmer wrote:
> Server macht NFS-Server und wella bekommt natürlich kein flock
> via NFS, verdammt.

vielleicht liegt es ja daran?

FLOCK(2)                   Linux Programmer's Manual                  FLOCK(2)
[...]
NOTES
       flock(2) does not lock files over NFS.  Use fcntl(2) instead: that does
       work  over  NFS,  given  a  sufficiently  recent version of Linux and a
       server which supports locking.

PERLFUNC(1)            Perl Programmers Reference Guide            PERLFUNC(1)
[...]
               Note also that some versions of "flock" cannot lock things over
               the network; you would need to use the more system-specific
               "fcntl" for that.  If you like you can force Perl to ignore
               your system's flock(2) function, and so provide its own
               fcntl(2)-based emulation, by passing the switch "-Ud_flock" to
               the Configure program when you configure perl.

gruß