[linux-l] [OT] BerliOS

Guenther Frick gfrick at gmx.net
Mi Apr 21 12:43:23 CEST 2004

JSC wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> liest hier jemand von BerliOS mit? Gibt's irgendwelche anderen Kontakte?
> Ich habe hier extreme Probleme mit der Erreichbarkeit der Foren ...
>
> Habt ihr aehnliche Erfahrungen?
>
> Ich wuerde dem Problem gerne auf den Grund gehen und suche zu diesem Zweck
> die oben angefragten Kontakte.
>
> gruss
> Jens
> und trage dich dort bitte aus

Ich zitiere mal Jörg Schilling:

Hi all,

during the past few days, we observe availability
problems with all BerliOS services.

This is related to hardware problems in the central NFS server
which is a donation from HP. This server currently dies about
2x each day  :-(

Since yesterday, it seems that the observed failure has become
"stable" which means it repeats on each failure. From what I can
tell now, it looks like a broken power supply or a bad solder point
on the main board or on CPU board #1. I hope that we are able to
fix the problem soon, but I cannot yet give an exact timeline.

For the future, please be prepared that as long as the HW problem
has not been fully identified and fixed, we are unable to reboot
the machine in question outside the "office hours" as I need to
unplug the mains cord in order to reset the "panic logic" inside the
power supply in order to be able to switch it on again.

If a downtime happens during the office hours, I will be able to
reboot the machine within approx. 15 minutes.

Jörg