[linux-l] Need to talk about a Containerization software (plash)

Irae Hueck Costa mail at irae.me
Sa Sep 29 11:49:47 CEST 2018

Hallo BeLUG!

I'll actually write in English. So I wrote a software to run and build containers. It uses Linux namespaces, mounts, chroot and all that stuff. One nice thing about it is that it simply runs with the access rights of the process, that started it. It's actually just a containerized process. So something in between a classic container and a process. In any case, I think it's really cool. This week I showed at the Hack and tell Event a demo application, called "megaman" that is just a wrapper (~ 100 lines) around that container software and arch linux with pacman so you can run packages from arch linux (which are usually newer) in any other Linux distribution. That also works with many "bigger" software like Eclipse, Firefox or GIMP, even though, it's actually more tought for simpler command line tools.

In any case to get to my point, that container software I wrote (took me more than one day) is really cool and I want to talk about it somewhere. Where can I do that? :-) I'd be happy to give a talk at some BeLUG event or just to some people who are interested in it or maybe someone can redirect me to somebody looking for someone to give a really interesting tech talk :-)

O yeah, I shouldn't forget the link to it:

https://github.com/ihucos/plash

Have a nice day and cheers,

Irae Hueck Costa