linux-l: GUI

Holger Paulsen paulsen at berlin.snafu.de
Fr Nov 14 09:22:01 CET 1997

On Tue, 11 Nov 1997, Mathias Born wrote:

> Willst Du aber nicht auf C++ umsteigen: dumm gelaufen.

[ ... ]

> Ergo: Numm Qt! Bessere freie Softare für X-WIndow ist derzeit nicht zu
> haben!
> (Nocht nicht...)

Hier ein Artikel als comp.os.linux.announce, vielleicht
von Interesse:

-----

From: Roberto Alsina <ralsina at unl.edu.ar>
Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.announce
Subject: A C binding for Qt - QtC 0.0.2
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:34:34 GMT

Hello, people.

First a little background:
In the middle of all that flamefest in comp.os.linux.advocacy about Qt, KDE,
what is free software, and other things, somebody made a statement that
kinda made a little sense.

He said Qt (and then KDE) could never become a standard, because it didn't
support C. I replied that a C wrapper for Qt should possible to write in
about a week. Well, a week has passed, and here is that wrapper :-)

QtC provides access from C to every public method of every widget in Qt, as
well as to some other things.
The docs are a little unexistant, but most things can be deduced from the
excellent Qt docs.

I have uploaded the sources for this library to ftp.troll.no,
ftp.kde.org and sunsite.unc.edu. I suppose they will be moved soon to some
adequate place.

The name of the file is QtC-0.0.2.tar.gz, and it is licensed under the GPL.
The license will be changed to LGPL for the next version.

A similar library providing access to the KDE libs will follow shortly.

Hope you like it. Enjoy!

Best regards.

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina at unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina
"Bloody instructions which, being taught, return to plague their inventor"

-----

Alles Gute

  Holger