[linux-l] Merkwuerdiges bei SuSE-10.3

Peter Ross Peter.Ross at alumni.tu-berlin.de
Do Nov 22 12:20:57 CET 2007

Hi Juergen,

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Juergen Rienaecker wrote:

> aber /dev/hda3 ist nun /dev/sda3
> und  /dev/sda1 ist nun /dev/sdb1
>
> Hat sich meine SATA_Maxtor-Platte in eine SCSI-Platte verwandelt ?

Ja. Siehe http://kerneltrap.org/node/5549:

It is only SATA (the sexy cables) that has become /dev/sdx, not PATA (the
flat cables), and only when using the libata drivers. (Which is called
libata in the kernel config, not sata.) But that's old news, it has been
like that for a long time (always for libata perhaps?).

Dann gibt es da neben Abseitigem einen Rand ueber udev statt devfs und
dann:

I'm sure you can recreate the discs subtree with udev rules, but who would
want that if you can have a /dev/disk/thisismyharddisk that always points
to a device identified by it's ID string/serial number? :)

Da hast Du's: ;-)

> /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Maxtor_6Y080L0_Y2575DKE-part1 /boot ext2 acl,user_xattr 1 2
> /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Maxtor_6Y080L0_Y2575DKE-part5 /     ext2 acl,user_xattr 1 1
> /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SATA_Maxtor_6Y080L0_Y2575DKE-part2 swap  swap defaults       0 0

Also udev tut das.

Den Rest kann ich nicht beantworten, ich benutze kein SuSE..

Es grüßt
Peter