[linux-l] CDusb station

Bodo Eichstädt bodo.eichstaedt at belug.de
So Jul 19 01:48:11 CEST 2009

Luca Foppiano schrieb:
> On Sun, 2009-07-12 at 18:36 +0200, Gerold Kassube wrote:
>
>> Hi Luca and also Hi to Berlin to Bodo and the BELUG-Friends,
>>
>> I got a request to announce your contacts from our Italien Friends near
>> Milano (as far as I'm right) who wants to get in touch with the
>> "burn-maschine" of the BELUG ...
>>
>> would you please so kind and "come together"?
>>

> Hi guys,
> 	Gerold told me you created a buring machine for CDs afaik, me and other
> Fedora people are thinking about a machine but for usb keys.
> Something which don't need keyboard and mouse, maybe we can work
> together and add the USB capabilities to your build maching project.
>
> what do you think?
>
> Thanks
> Luc
We are really happy to hear from you! But...

sorry guys, this feature is already implemented in our latest version! :-)
The project is called BeLDi - BeLUG Linux Distribution Burner,
http://beldi.belug.de/

We got USB working as a proof of concept to the latest LinuxTag in
Berlin in June. As the user-interface if actually using big icons und
buttons you can use a touchscreen. We own a Asus Eee PC (Intel Atom
based desktop PC with _touchscreen_). Unfortunatelly this PC has got no
CD/DVD-Writer. But for "burning" USB it's perfect. And best: it's a
really nice looking device.

We are  pleased to welcome you for further developement. During our next
regular usergroup get together (every Wednesday) we will discuss about
the upcoming tasks and the how-to. Perhaps you can reply with some info
about your group and members, requirements, your skills ... You can
write to beldi at belug.de and it gets forwarded to all developers and
contributors in our group related to BeLDI.

best,
Bodo

President of the BeLUG e.V. (Association)