linux-avmb1:Problems using 2 ISDN Fritz!Card PCI with SuSE 8.2

Florent Durrey durrey at zeus.nt.op.dlr.de
Wed Jun 9 16:45:01 CEST 2004

Hallo,

Entschuldigung, Ich werde diese Nachricht auf English schreiben, weil mein
Deutsch nicht so gut ist
 Sie können entweder auf Deutsch oder English
antworten. Vielen Dank!

My problem is the following:

I am trying to establish an ISDN connection between 2 computers with SuSE
8.2.

I am using ISDN Fritz!Cards PCI.

With 1 ISDN connection (1 card per computer), everything works fines either
with AVM CAPI2.0 driver or HiSax FritzV2 (both are on the default
distribution from SuSE 8.2), I just dial the telephone number of the second
computer form the first one and it has ran  perfectly for many month now.

Now I am trying to go a bit further with 2 ISDN connections (2 cards per
computer). And suddenly, it doesn’t work anymore! I tried every possible
combination of the 2 drivers: either only one works at the time or none at
all.

I looked for explanations of the problem on this mailing list and others but
I haven’t found a suitable/clear solution.

If anybody has experience in such a problem, please give me a hand!

Note: for reasons independent to this problem, I must remain on SuSE 8.2 and
keep my 2.4.20 kernel. Sorry

Any help is greatly appretiated ! Thank you

Regards

Florent Durrey