linux-l: Can you help me ?

Linux Programmer ahlinux at yahoo.com
So Mär 5 16:29:19 CET 2000

Dear ,
I worked in Image Processing company, my job is to
convert the Image processing tools writen for
MS-Window to work in XWindow ,
some of these functions consumed alot of time ,
if I used another toolkit it will be more and more
slow,
I write some image processing function like flip in
XLib , I take an image of a Pixmap i want to flip the
process the data ,
all done well , but when painting the result Image
(Client image) it take a long time .

I read more in this topic and find that to reduce the
time the only way is to let my function work in server
data (Pixmap ) , so i must write XLib extension ,
can you help me to know how to do so ?
or if there are another way to reduce the time .

for example ,using imlib will give me direct access to
some image format files but not all. and will give me
some functions but not all i need .

please answer me
Ahmed

--- Jens Dreger <jens.dreger at physik.fu-berlin.de>