[linux-l] SuSE 8.0 firewall läßt nichts mehr durch

Carl van Denzen cvdenzen at hetnet.nl
Mi Apr 9 22:35:32 CEST 2003

Hello Michael,

I tried your solution, but it doesn't work. I changed my
"/etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2" (see the attachment).
I rebooted the pc.
And still the packets are not accepted (see a part of my
/var/log/messages in the attachment).
My internet provider on ippp0 is called Hetnet.
The main office is called Hazis (ippp2).
Don't worry about the USB messages: I am experimenting with it.

I want to explain about ippp2: it is a dial-up to the main office, the
place where I normally go to work every day. Sometimes I work from my
home pc and then I dial ippp2.

When I disable the firewall, I don't have any problems.
Can you explain why this settings do not work (i.e. refuse the dns
packets from ippp2 but accept them from ippp0)?

Carl.