[linux-l] Frage zu File-Systemen mit Win und Linux zugriff

Soeren Sonnenburg linux at nn7.de
Mo Jan 12 22:10:21 CET 2004

On Mon, 2004-01-12 at 17:05, Nico Golde wrote:
> Hallo wi,
>
> * wi wi <wisskop at yahoo.com> [2004-01-12 16:37]:
> [...]
> > Daraus schließe ich, daß es wirkclih sinnvoll ist, die
> > Partition auf Fat32 umzuformatieren???
>
> Deine Lösung heißt 2.6.1 Kernel, da geht der NTFS Schreib Support
> richtig.

quatschfug:
Linux Kernel v2.6.1-ben1 Configuration
    CONFIG_NTFS_RW:
    This enables the partial, but safe, write support in the NTFS driver.
    The only supported operation is overwriting existing files, without
    changing the file length.  No file or directory creation, deletion or
    renaming is possible.  Note only non-resident files can be written to
    so you may find that some very small files (<500 bytes or so) cannot
    be written to.

    While we cannot guarantee that it will not damage any data, we have
    so far not received a single report where the driver would have
    damaged someones data so we assume it is perfectly safe to use.

	Note:  While write support is safe in this version (a rewrite from
    scratch of the NTFS support), it should be noted that the old NTFS
    write support, included in Linux 2.5.10 and before (since 1997),
    is not safe.
    This is currently useful with TopologiLinux.  TopologiLinux is run
    on top of any DOS/Microsoft Windows system without partitioning your
    hard disk.  Unlike other Linux distributions TopologiLinux does not
    need its own partition.  For more information see
    <http://topologi-linux.sourceforge.net/>